Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Date Day/Night(s) :0)

I love going on dates. Especially ones that aren't really planned out and are just spontaneous. I love being able to just spend some "us" time and just have fun.

Last weekend Alya and I went to the Landing in downtown Jacksonville. We went to dinner and then rode on a little boat along the river. It was a nice quiet night just with my love. (I did however find out that my camera screen was broken :0( so taking pictures was VERY interesting ... still on the look out for a new one!)









This past Sunday I decided to surprise Alya with a random {day}date. I love love love surprises ... I love being spontaneous ... and just having fun! My wonderful husband isn't all that great at coming up with surprises tries his very best to appease my obsession with surprises. So I thought that it would be a great idea to show him how to surprise someone! lol Alya is a wonderful artist. And I love doing anything crafty ... so this date was really something for both of us to enjoy doing together. (duh, that's what dates are for!) So I googled this place ...



You get to go and choose your piece of pottery and paints to glaze with ...




And it was one of my most favorite dates! :0)


I decided to pick a little pig piggy bank to paint for the nursery.



The nursery colors are pink, sage green, yellow and white. So I thought that it would be cute to do a pink piggy with green and yellow polka dots. These were my colors ...



Here's how it turned out ...



I thought it would be cute to write her name on the butt {Amiah}



And then I wrote love mommy 2010



And Alya copied also chose to do a little bank to put in the nursery, but his was a cute little puppy dog.






The sun was in our eyes in this picture ... but it was one last picture of us as we were leaving the pottery place. We have to wait one week before we can go pick up our new artwork :0) We had a really great day and I can't wait to do it again!

7 comments:

  1. that is such a clever date! i want to do something like that! looks like such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What fun... I couldn't drag my husband into a place like that, but surprise dates are so fun!! Love the pig!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was fun! Felt like I was a third wheel there, hahaaa. I would love to do that with my hubby, he's crafty also.

    Our last date night we went to see Shrek. I should have taken pictures of us in those wacky 3D glasses. You guys make me smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE pottery shops! Jim and I have done stuff in them too! :0) great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey linds- what's the website for your adoption t-shirts? I just skimmed your fb and blog and couldn't find it...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I email you about contributing a written piece for a new website being launched this week, hopefully, offering support, fellowship, and encouragement to families interested in adoption and orphan care from a Christian worldview? I think you could really offer something valuable--email if you are interested!
    Kelly@wearegraftedin.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linds, hope all is well. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete