Sunday, December 13, 2009

seeing a light at the end of the peanut butter balls!

It's been a long peanut butter kind of weekend! :0)

I have spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday making 118 dozen buckeyes with the help of Alya, Kacie, Shaun and Samantha. We have a requested buckeye total of 131 dozen ... so close to being done! And the cut off date isn't until Tuesday. I noticed that while making the buckeyes that my ingredients were going a lot farther than I had anticipated. So, now I get to RETURN ingredients to get money back. I had originally estimated that we would only get a little over one dollar in profit from making/selling the buckeys ..... BUT!!! .... I think that we spent about $184.23 for all of the supplies which leaves us with $470.77 to add to our adoption fund! I stand in awe everyday to see how God is at work through this. We now have the money to send in our application. We are leaving for Ohio this Friday, so I don't know if I will get to send in the application before Christmas or not. I might bring all the information with me and send it out up there. We'll see what happens ... I am so eager to get it in the mail soon. I just feel like mailing that application is really the start to the next step in our adoption journey. Oh how I miss having a little baby in the house. I can't wait to receive such a precious gift again! I can't wait to tell our little baby how many amazing people and things God used to bring them into our lives. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment