Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's officially started!

Our adoption adventure that is ... I just mailed in our application this afternoon after school. After I got back into my car from leaving the post office I just started crying. Crying tears of excitment, tears of anticipation, tears of amazment in how big our God is! I know that this journey is only just starting ... and I know that it's probably going to be a roller coaster of emotions over the next several months to however long it takes to bring our baby home ... but I just can't help getting so excited to see what GOD is going to do. I know that this new journey in our lives HAS to be all him, because there is no way for me to have control this time. I just keep praying that I keep a positive attitude toward everything that we will go through on this new journey. I just want to sit back and enjoy everything that we get the priveledge to experience. I want to remember everything so that I can tell our little baby how many amazing miracles God did in our lives to bring them into our family.

It's been awhile since my last post ... just trying to get though the holidays and all of the buckeye making we did. We have raised $1,458.00 so far. $500 just went towards our adoption application fee which leaves $958 in our adoption savings account. We still have three more bottles of change to turn in as well. The next step is getting approved by the agency and then applying for as many grants as I can to raise more money. We are still trying to come up with more fundraising ideas to help us out as well.

I approached Alya just a couple of weeks ago when I was doing the finishing touch-ups to our application ... at first we had decided to just put that we would accept any sex and any race for an adoptive baby. But I just kept feeling like a little girl was being placed on my heart. I asked Alya what he thought about it, and he agreed that he wanted a little baby girl in the house again too. So we have decided to request a bi-racial baby girl on our application. It's going to cost more money than we had originally thought because we have chosen a different race. But I really feel like this was placed on our hearts for a reason ... and our God is bigger than any amount of money! Her name will be Amiah Grace Cotton and we just can't wait to see her beautiful face. I can't wait to bring my baby girl home with her mommy and daddy that have been waiting forever for her. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment