Monday, September 27, 2010

Drum Roll Please!




It's here! It's here! It's here!


The 9 pages making up our homestudy update finally arrived on Saturday morning! I am super excited to have it be in our hands ... it almost feels like a million dollars!
*I said almost, okay :0)*




These are the four adoption grants that we are applying for. I spent all day Sunday getting all the information together for them. It kind of sucks because of all the research that I have done trying to find grants over this past year, I have only found FOUR that our particular adoption meets the requirements for. So ... big prayers going up that we will be given some kind of grant from each of these ministries.


*I'm going to list how much we requested from each one ... just so that I can have that to look back to once we hear from the ministry.*
Here's the first one ... the gift of adoption. We requested $3,500 from them.


This is our application for helpusadopt.org We requested $3,000 from them.


This is our application for God's Grace. I don't think we requested a certain amount from them.


This is our application for ShowHope. I don't think that I requested a certain amount from them either.

So ... these will be going out sometime this week! I am just waiting on a couple of references to come in before I can send them out! YEA!!!!

So ... here's the next step for us. I have to mail off our homestudy to our adoption agency .... AND .... wait! LOL Man, I just loooove that word. I bet if you looked up the work 'wait' in the dictionary it would have a picture next to it of me waiting ... It might look sometime like this ...




LOL. So I guess then we just wait on a call! And then say yes or no! yikes! It just seems so surreal that we are actually at this stage in our adoption because it felt for awhile there that we would never get to this point.

Here's a little update on our big fundraisers that we had been planning. So Casting Crowns are a no go as well ... bummer. And we have decided not to do the local band thing as well. We are really wanting to do one really big event that can bring in the most money instead of doing a bunch of little ones and using up all our energy. Our church had a big golf tournament last year and brought in over $12,000! So we are thinking that that is going to be our next fundraiser. We are supposed to meet up as a small group next week to kind of discuss details and get started with the fundraising part now. I'm excited for what is to come ... praying for BIG things! :0)

3 comments:

  1. That's all so exciting! Don't you love progree!?

    Can't wait to see what the NEAR future holds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so exciting! congrats! praying for BIG things for you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are adoptive parents as well - brought our little girl home last year from Korea! I saw your blog on a friends' page and adoption is so near and dear, I had to come see! (I hope that's ok.) Anyway, I wish I could help financially, but seeing as we are kinda in the same boat all I can offer is MAJOR PRAYER! :) Wishing many blessings upon you and your family!! Kelly

    ReplyDelete