Thursday, September 30, 2010

Words Cannot Express ....

Words cannot express how thankful I am.

I feel so blessed to have been chosen for this crazy journey of ours. I know I started off this journey kicking and screaming ... I also know that I have done a complete 180 since the very first beginnings of our journey towards adoption. It hasn't been easy ... actually it has been THE HARDEST thing I have EVER experienced in all my life. But I wouldn't for one second ever wish that this wasn't apart of our lives.

I will be forever grateful for the people that God has placed in our lives to walk through this journey with us. I am thankful for friends that stood by my side month after month that I found out I wasn't pregnant. I am thankful for friends that have just simply listened as I vented and cried, and then cried some more. I am thankful for friends that prayed for us and stood by us as we walked through being foster parents for the first time. I am thankful for friends that have shared their excitement and joy as we experienced being a mommy and daddy for the first time in our lives. I am thankful for friends that held me together after we lost our Hope, and when I felt like I had lost all of my heart completely. I am thankful for friends that held me as I walked through the deepest darkest time in my life. I am thankful for friends that helped us through the obstacles we faced fostering older children. And I am thankful for friends that have challenged me along the way.

I am thankful for every penny someone offered to us through our baby bottle banks. I am thankful for every chocolate peanut butter buckeye that was sold. I am thankful for donated items for our yard sales. I am thankful for unexpected gifts towards our adoption fund. But most of all I'm thankful for the prayers that were lifted up for our adoption. Because without those prayers ... we would have nothing.

I am even thankful for the tears ... alllllll the many tears that have been shed throughout this whole process. Because I know that I grew a little bit stronger with each tear that fell.

Yesterday I got an unexpected email from our Journey Group leader saying that someone had donated two guitars and two amps to us to sell for our adoption fund. I went over to their house last night to pick up the equipment and honestly couldn't believe my eyes. The equipment is all less than one year old. The first guitar's retail prices is over $2,000, the bass is also over $2,000 and the two amps at over $600! I guess the guy who donated the items had them looked at to see what would be a fair price to sell them at and he was told not to take less than 50% for everything! Holy cow! I was beyond shocked ... I just feel so humbled by the amount of people that want to be apart of this journey with us. At the beginning of everything I felt like this was the deepest darkest LONELIEST times in my life. And although I don't really have a lot of friends or family that have been down this road to actually fully understand what goes on emotionally ... I DO have TONS of friends and family that still want to walk side by side with us supporting us along the way. Our child is going to be so blessed to have so many friends and family who love them sooooo much. Being able to look back down the road that we have come so far I feel so thankful for the people that I have been able to meet through this process. I know that we now have life long friends because of our journey to adopt.

Soooo ... wanna see some pictures of the new donated items???? :0)

Item #1 - Taylor Acoustic-Electric Guitar - 416ce Blackwood LIMITED 2009 comes with a Taylor hard case as well. Less than a year old. Retail price $2,898.00We are asking $1,450.00







Item #2 - Peavey Cirrus 5 String Bass-USA. 6 months old. Also comes with hard case. Retail Price - $2,419.00. We are asking $1,210.00








Item #3 - Roland AC-60 Acoustic. Less than 1 year old. Retail Price - $603.00. We are asking $302.00.




Also comes with a case.


Item #4 - Roland KCW1 10" Powered Subwoofer. Less than 1 year old. Retail Price $649.00. We are asking $325.00


If you know anyone that might be interested in buying them please let me know! :0)

I also mailed out two of our adoption grant applications yesterday. I mailed out God's Grace Adoption Ministry and helpusadopt.org applications. I also mailed out our homestudy to our adoption agency today as well. Good things are happening ... Each day we get one day closer to meeting our little miracle for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. So, so incredibly happy for you and I don't even know you!!! LOL! Praising Him with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay and Alya...With God as the center, your love and strength grows, grows, grows! I can't help finacially but I can help through prayer and I do believe there is a very blessed little one soon to be in your arms. I love you. xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete