Monday, September 13, 2010

Girls Night

Okay ... so I promised that I would blog about our Red Carpet Gala our church put on for all of us lovely ladies this past Friday night. I really can't even describe how beautiful and amazing that night really was. This post if full of lots of pictures .. but I don't think any of them do justice to how awesome it really was. The gala was held at our church ... and man oh man did they deck the place out! Chandeliers, beautiful table decorations, photographers, the men were our servers, and of course don't forget about the red carpet! ... this list goes on and on and on!

Three of my Journey Group (small group) girls, my bff's sister and I all met at a house to get ready and drive over to the gala together. I am not really one that gets dressed up very often ... in fact I have never dressed up for a formal event besides my wedding. lol I never went to any dances growing up, so all of this dressing up and getting your hair done was quite fun. :0)


Right after we got ready ...





Prom pose!



The room was soooo beautiful!



Check out the table decorations!



These shoes were beautiful ... but they hurt like you know what! lol I'm not usually the dress up kind of girl. A good pair of flip flops and I'm good to go! So let's just say these shoes weren't on my feet for very much of the time that night. However, they did display the program very well ...



My best friend





My journey group sisters (minus one)



Can I please tell you about Alya's outfit that night??? Because this picture looks like I'm scolding him lol ... Alya was working the sound board for the evening and needed to wear black pants and a white shirt. We went to Kohls last week and found him a new pair of pants and that vest that he has on in the picture. We didn't get a new white shirt because he had one at home. As we were leaving the store the alarm went off. I told Alya that one of the items might have one of those ink tag things on it. He searched really well like a typical guy and said that there was nothing there. So ... we went home (45 min drive) Fast forward to the night of the gala. Being a typical guy the wonderful man I married he didn't get his outfit together until he was putting it on at 5:00pm (we were leaving at 5:15pm). He put his leg through the pant legs and what do you suppose he saw right on the ankle???? YUP! The stupid ink tag. Not only did he not have any pants but he couldn't seem to find his white shirt either. So a half hour before he was supposed to be at the church for set up he had to run to good old Tar*et and buy himself a new outfit. sigh .... boys ...



we're cute ...






Okay... so this one is embarrasing ... but it was just so good I had to post it. It still makes me laugh out loud every time I look at it haha.


The night was perfect. And I am so so so so glad that I went. We started the night out with an awesome dinner followed by even more amazing worship. There were several awards given out to women from our church and then Alya and I were invited up to share a little about our adoption journey. They did a special offering for us at the end of the event that night and with the gifts from the women who attended the event and also the gifts from our adoption ministry at our church we raised $3,500!! We feel so blessed to be able to be apart of the amazing things that God is doing at the Journey. We are so thankful for the people that He has brought into our lives during this time in our life. We have loved every minute of being able to share this journey with such sweet and amazing people. This adoption journey has been a long one ... and it hasn't been easy ... but in the end it will all be so worth it.

The night ended with an AMAZING speaker. I was so bummed that I didn't bring a pen because every time she would say something I would be like oh, that's good! and then ... oh, that's good too! and then oh! that's really really good! lol So .. since the sound guy just so happens to be in my journey group I've got an in with getting a copy of her speaking lol. I can't wait to share some of the things that she talked to us about that night ... I left so challenged ... and I really can't wait to share!

6 comments:

  1. You looked great! And sounds like you had a great time!

    And, $3,500...go GOD!!!

    So glad to hear that you are doing well.

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cut Alya some slack, we just aren't wired like that. It's the Y Chromosome. Congrats on the bump in the baby fund.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw, terrific post of lovely pictures and great news. That's such a blessing about the collection for your adoption, praise God.

    You both looked great! Last minute Charlie pulled off a winner! :D hahaaa. Those table decorations were pretty, glad to know you had a great time :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linds,

    You look so beautiful! I'm glad to hear that our God is doing big things for you guys! Every day is a step closer to bringing home that beautiful baby he has waiting for you. I wish you guys all the best in this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked absolutely beautiful! That is amazing news about how your church pulled together to raise money for your adoption! Thank God! You're getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yahoooo!!! ready to see that thermometer go up for the adoption fund!!!! that is exciting!!!
    yeah God!!

    ReplyDelete