Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Three Years

Man I can't believe that it's been a whole week since I last posted. I'm such a slacker! :0) It's not that I haven't had anything to post ... I just haven't. School was out on Friday. YIPEEE!!! This weekend I had a 31 party to go to for my friend Mindy. Then a bridal shower. Alya had to do sound for church this Sunday and since we only have one car I was stuck on that side of town. He had to be at practice at 7:30am (yuck to this not morning person!) So I decided to take a little walk on the beach where we got married to pass away some time. OH MY! As I was walking down the walk way I saw like 15 dolphins (no joke!) swimming after a shrimp boat. It was so AMAZING! I've never seen them like that except at Sea Wor*d lol. It was a perfect morning just to be by myself, walking around one of my very favorite places to be, having some reflection time. It was perfect. And although I got totally soaked by a wave that snuck up on me I managed to dry out and make it to church. :0)

Monday and Tuesday of this week so far have been spent by me sleeping in until 10 or 11 each day. Ahhhh summer break is so amazing. I LOVE to sleep in! Then I would spend the whole rest of the day hanging out in my pj's cleaning up the house and checking out Faceb*ok or reading people's blogs. I was able to make our nursery look not like a storage room anymore, so that was at least one productive thing I accomplished this week. :0) When we had our foster boys Hope's room became the new storage room ... and since we are getting our homestudy update done by a new agency NEXT FRIDAY I thought that I needed to do some organizing. :0) I am planning on re-covering a rocking chair next week, so after that is done I will post pictures of the finished product. Jana at our agency received our profile book this week. *yipee* She said that it was great and that I did a great job! It's so nice hearing that lol.

So on to today ... and what this post is really about. Three years ago on June 16, 2007 I married my best friend. Wow, I really can't believe that it's been three years already. Seriously, so crazy! I totally don't deserve him. I'm such a nag at times and he is so very patient with me. I have been SO SO SO lucky to have him in my life. I have especially been even that much more greatful for him on this adoption journey. It feels like we have been to hell and back on this journey to become parents, and he has been by my side 100% of the time. He went to fertility treatments with me, he became a foster parent, he applied to an adoption agency, and then to another never once saying no Lindsay I don't want to do this. I know that a lot of men are worried about hurting their pride especially when it's their issues of why they can't start a family. And I know that a lot of men would have quit a long time ago. But he never says no. He's always willing to do whatever crazy path I decide for us to try next. I'm so thankful to have been able to have him be by my side throughout this whole journey. I'm not going to lie these past three year have had a lot of pain, a lot of tears, a lot of questioning God. And he has just held me tight and loved me through every single moment of pain. But there have been a lot of fun moments for us too. I am so ready to see Alya become a daddy. My heart was so happy to watch him play and love on our Hope. He's going to be an amazing father, and I just can't wait for that day. I'm praying that when we celebrate our 4 year anniversary next year we can do it with our little miracle baby as well.

Here are some pictures of our perfect day.

These are two of my favorites.





My parents and us



Our fun wedding party



I told him if he didn't smash cake in my face I was going to divorce him lol. Smashing cake in each others faces on my wedding day has always been one of my biggest dreams as a girl. haha We did a good job!



My Ohio family that was able to come down for the wedding.



My dad and I walking down the aisle. I love my face ... this is the first glimpse of Alya. :0)



My amazing orange flowers. (I made them myself!)



So in love!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Q and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary on July 14 :)

    Praying that this time next year we'll each be celebrating with a miracle baby!!!

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linds,
    I love to sleep in too!
    I look forward to seeing the finished rocking chair in the nursery!

    Your wedding pictures are sooo beautiful, you look lovely in your pretty dress, love the green down the back of it too! The picture of everyone jumping is so fun.

    Happy Anniversary! You and Alya make a beautiful couple. (even with cake on the face) heheeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! It looks like it was a beautiful day!! Love the pictures!

    Blessings,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete