Thursday, June 17, 2010

While I'm Waiting ...

I've been waiting for Alya to get home from work all afternoon. We're supposed to be going down to Tampa for a foster parent convention with some friends for the weekend. The most amazing part is that it's F.R.E.E.! I'm super stoked about that. I'll post more on our trip once we get back. So, since we were supposed to leave by 5:00pm and it's currently 6:34pm and my husband isn't even close to being done with his job I figured I would do a quick post about our anniversary dinner last night.

Since it was a work day for Alya and we are trying to save up our money for our adoption it wasn't a super eventful day. I did however wake up to find these ...




my very favorite color is ORANGE. I love everything orange ... seriously, everything! :0) So Alya scored major points by the orange flowers AND an orange vase. He also wrote a very sweet not in his card that made me cry. *He came home to tell me that he made the bouquet himself as well ... lol had to add that one in there, he seemed pretty proud of himself.*

Then once he got home from work we went to Joe's Crab Shack right on the beach. It was a nice evening together.





The restaurant was super fun ... in honor of our anniversary they made Alya get down on one knee ...




and sing "You Are My Sunshine" to me. :0)




Then we walked outside and took a little walk on the beach.




It was such a beautiful night! I love love love taking walks on the beach. We used to live an hour away from each other when we were dating ... and we never went one day without seeing each other. :0) So many of our dates consisted of walking on the beach. Of course we also got married on the beach ... so I guess the beach has been a big part of our relationship. :0)








After we left the beach we drove over to Babies*R*Us just for a quick little peek :0) It was fun to walk around and think of things that we would want to register for when we finally get picked as adoptive parents. We would love to be able to share our 4 year anniversary with our little miracle. Now, I'm just ready for this weekend to spend some more time with Alya and get away for a little bit.

4 comments:

  1. First, beautiful flowers...great job Alya!!!!

    Second, cute pics...love them! :)

    Third, we'll both be celebrating with miracle babies next year...positive thoughts :)

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at how cute you two are! I'm loving the pictures you are posting lately. Making me smile like crazy!

    The flowers and arrangment are awesome, and singing to you in front of everyone, oh I would have blushed to explosion. Oh my goodness, so special. Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i came across your blog on April & Jims page. My husband and I are also in the process of adopting our first child!
    just wanted to say hello!!
    beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete