Thursday, March 24, 2011

The First Week - Part 1

I didn't show these pictures in my last post because when we finally got home it was SO late and dark outside that I didn't really get a good look at what our sweet Journey Group (church small group) friends did for us while we were away. So the next morning I ran outside in my pj's to take pictures of our sweet little decorated house announcing the arrival of our SON! I have to tell you that I've always dreamed of having this done to our home ... but I never thought that it would be possible since we were adopting. Yay for that silly little dream coming true. God cares about even those silly little secret dreams. It made me smile! :0)






So my bff doesn't know how to spell her "nephew's" middle name ;0)




Another friend brought the giant blow up stork for us. :0)

The first night home with Josiah was like living a dream. He woke up every 3-4 hours and did just perfect for being a brand new baby. :0) Waking up with him each time during the night was the best feeling in the world. Of course I was exhausted *especially from the stupid Tylenol PM that I took the night before* but being exhausted felt like such a blessing because I had the most perfect, precious little reason to be so tired. :0)

Alya and I got to spend our first full day home with Josiah all by ourselves. It was so nice to finally be alone with him and just be a family for the first time. Our sweet Journey Group family scheduled dinners for us for two weeks straight! Not having to cook was such an amazing blessing! It allowed me to concentrate on being home and being a mommy. It also helped out a lot when I was feeling so sick those first few days. We had TONS of visitors that first week. There have been so many people praying for this guy that everyone wanted to come and shower him with love.


"Aunt" Sarah was his very first visitor :0)


#2 The Haugh family brought us our first dinner ... steak! :0)


#3 The Avila's have become great friends through being foster parents together.


Daddy sneaking in some cuddle time with his boy


#4 "Aunt" Kacie and his cousin Gracelynn ... she loves "baby JoJo"


#5 The Stewart's (Mindy and I were college roommies)


Daddy cheesin


My sweet sweet boy


#6 Candice (my newest crafty friend ... wait until you see what she made for Josiah at his shower!)


#7 The Ott's (Journey Group family)


#8 Julia (co-teacher)


#9 Danielle (another college friend and now neighbor ... Alya and I met at her and her husbands wedding)


#10 The Foster's (church friends who also have a huge heart for the orphan!)


#11 Ms. Vivian (our neighbor)


#12 Rhodes' (old neighbors and Alya and Jason work together)


#13 Melissa (Journey Group family member and Josiah's babysitter)


#14 Heather (my first official college roommate :0) She made the most amazing artwork for Josiah's wall! Pics soon!)


#15 Sellek's (church friends)

Fifteen visitors just in the FIRST week! Lots of friends have been praying and waiting for Josiah to come! We were so blessed by so much love. :0)

My mom was able to come and visit on Sunday evening and stayed for two full weeks. I HATED seeing her go and I know that Josiah misses being spoiled by his Mamaw. Having my mom be here those first two weeks of being a new mom was so amazing. I didn't have the physical pain that most new moms have to deal with after having their baby but I did have TONS AND TONS of re-cooperating to do from being so emotionally drained. It was such a blessing to have someone take care of all the little house things that need to be done but you just don't have the time to get to them when you have a brand new baby and you are so exhausted. She was my official bottle washer, laundry doer and cat litter scooper those first two weeks. I think though that I was more blessed by her just being there with me ... there's nothing like having your mom be there when you are experiencing crazy huge and exciting moments in your life. I'm so glad that she got to experience those first few moments with me being a new mom. I'll cherish those moments forever. I hate that we live so far away from each other and I miss her being here like crazy. *love you momma*


Mamaw meeting her grandson for the very first time after a long 10 hour drive to Florida.

So the first week home was jam packed with visitors, me being sick, trying to sneak in naps when ever possible and tons and tons of snuggle time with my little love bug. And that was just the first week - part 1! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment