Saturday, March 26, 2011

The First Week - Part 2

Josiah had his first doctor's appointment after leaving the hospital that first week. I love love love his pediatrician! *She totally reminds me of Claire Huckstable from the Cosby show!* Josiah was still 19 1/2 long and was back at his birth weight. The doctor said that he was a beautiful healthy baby boy. *I'd have to agree with her :0) * Here's an awful picture of me but cute one of Josiah at the doctor's office.



His umbilical cord fell off on day 5! I was so surprised that it fell off that early ... but I was glad that we could finally give him a real bath! He hated it with everything inside of him lol. He screamed bloody murder the whole time! I later learned that he likes his bath water to be super warm. The water that day was warm ... but he likes it almost as hot as I take my showers. Each baby is different so we are just learning as we go. :0) Now he likes his baths so much that he practically falls asleep during them because he's so relaxed. Sweet boy.



We went to church for the very first time since coming home with Josiah. Worship at our church is almost like being at a concert ... so it's very loud and has lights going and everything ... we were on the third row and Josiah slept through the WHOLE thing! He's such a good baby. Here is a good friend of ours, crazy Dave holding Josiah at church that morning. :0)



We took lots of cute pictures of Josiah during his first week ... what am I talking about we take cute pictures pretty much every day!










We also went to St. Augustine to visit some friends they are more like a bunch of momma's to me that I worked with while I was in college. Alya and I try to go down every other month because they have the most AMAZING chicken wraps ever!


My mom "mamaw" and Josiah in St. Augustine


First family photo in St. Auggie

We also had a bunch more visitors come.


The Walton's from church (they also brought us food!)


Ashley who I work with


And the sweet Hemming family. :0)

Josiah has been one loved little man since we have been home. It's been so great to FINALLY be able to share our blessing with all of our sweet friends that have traveled through our adoption journey with us.

4 comments:

  1. Sara Fosbenner WarrMarch 29, 2011 at 10:52 PM

    I love the Hemming family. I met them 1 time at FBC Jax. Right after the fire. At church Dr Brunson recognized the son for saving his grandpa. Such an amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading the adoption journey of Josiah. The pictures were wonderful. He is such a beautiful baby and I am so happy for you and Alya.

    Much Love and Many Blessings to you and your family.

    Love,

    Sissy Foster

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy dancing for YOU!! He is BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I made it through your blog and am rejoicing with your family. Congratulations on being parents! Our God is amazing.

    ReplyDelete