Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Josiah's Birth Story - Day 2

*Look at me blogging two days in a row! Whoop!*

After we left the first night from the crazy emotional high we experienced in meeting our son for the very first time, I'm really not sure how in the world I was able to fall asleep. My body was so tired but my heart was so full and happy. I slept so good that night ... it was as if my soul was finally at peace, feeling content for the first time in a really really long time. We woke up on Thursday morning and went back to the hospital once Haley texted us and said that Josiah was back in her room from the nursery. We spent the whole day up there ... holding our sweet boy and visiting with Haley and her friends. We were still waiting around trying to hear back from Josiah's birth father to see if he was going to come sign the papers or not. Haley had to wait until 48 hours after birth or discharge which ever came first to sign, but Josiah's birth father could have signed the moment he was born. We knew that he didn't want to parent Josiah, so we were confident that we wouldn't have any issues with him not wanting us to adopt ... so it was just super frustrating that he wasn't getting in contact with anyone to come and sign the papers. We were thinking that he wasn't going to sign at all which would make our adoption a high-risk adoption meaning he could come back within a certain amount of time and take Josiah back. It could also make our adoption finalization take longer as well even if he didn't fight the adoption. He never did come in to sign the papers on day 2 so we just kept on praying that everything would work out in the end. Not really much else went on during the second day, just a whole lot of cuddling! So to make up for a lack of a post here are some sweet pictures taken on Day 2 of Josiah's life. :0)


Daddy feeding Josiah for the first time.


I love him in this outfit ... he seriously is just so stinkin cute!



his wrinkly old man toes


He's soooo little


"I love you, I love you, I love you!"


I could just eat him up!


sweet little face!

More to come! Stay tuned! :0)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture of you holding him, looking into his face. I can almost feel the love you have for him. I've prayed so often for you to be united with your child and it's wonderful to see the two of you together!

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete