Friday, May 13, 2011

Showers

Alya and I were so blessed to be given two showers for Josiah. One we had after we had been home from the hospital for about two weeks with our friends from our church. I have some of the most amazing friends ... and the day was perfect, especially being able to share our little man with everyone. We were given some very special homemade gifts for him that I will forever treasure!


cute decorations :0)


tons of friends that came to celebrate our little treasure


my fabulous journey group girls minus one that made this day so special.


more awesome ladies :0)


our awesome friend Shawn who made our cake for us!


how cool is that cake!?!


So this was one of the last presents that I opened ... and the one that made me cry. One of my sweet friends Mindy painted this verse on a canvas for me. It's kind of blurry because I was trying to read it outloud and started crying ... but she found a version of this verse that read: For this boy I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him. 1 Samuel 1:27 This particular version of this verse is so special to my heart because little did I know that my heart was praying for this little boy from the very beginning. I couldn't imagine not having him in our lives. I am so in love with him and have never been happier in all my lives.


One of my other amazingly crafty friends Candice made this hoodie towel with Josiah's name on it. You can't see the hoodie part but it has a cute ribbon on it. It's so fun and I can't wait for him to use it when he gets a little bigger. :0)


I think we made out pretty good! So thankful!

The second shower that I had was one at school. My fellow first grade teachers through a school shower for me.


Our gift table


my crazy first grade buddies



Both days were so special to me. It was so great being able to share our little miracle with all the friends that have been apart of this crazy long journey with us. They have watched us jump through every hoop imaginable, seen me fall apart, and then keep fighting all the way to the end. I'm so thankful for such amazing friends.

1 comment: