Monday, February 7, 2011

Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the day when we find out our baby boys new due date! Our bmom's doctor agreed to inducing her and he is supposed to give that very special date tomorrow!

YIPEE!! :0)

Now, although we are getting a new date tomorrow I still feel like he could come any time. She is still having contractions on and off and is excited to see if she is dilated at all tomorrow at her appointment.

I am feeling really really good and confident in where we are with our adoption process right now. That's kind of scary admitting that ... but it's just been really refreshing having a relationship with our bmom. It's nice that I can just text her and we can chat back and forth. It makes the situation more real for both of us I think.

Josiah's bag is packed and I am no longer worried about him coming home from the hospital naked. lol I even made up a packing list for his mommy and daddy so that we don't forget our heads as we are rushing out the door for our long drive to Pensacola.

Come on baby boy we are ready to finally hold you in our arms!

Meanwhile ... as we are continuing to wait for our sweet boy to arrive we are still being crafty around the Cotton household.

We are still working on the room ... but here is something that we added to the wall that will go behind the crib ...


First we traced a stencil on the wall using a projector.


Then we started painting


The finished product ... now we just need to move the crib back.

I have seen these super cute wipe case covers .. but they sell for like $25 and I refuse to spend that much money on something when I know that I could make it myself.... so here's what I made!


Here are the materials that I started with ... isn't the fabric the cutest thing you have ever seen??!?!?!


Then I covered the wipe case with felt for extra padding.


Then I hot glued the fabric on top of the felt.


Then I added ribbon all the way around the sides.


Here is how they turned out: I also made a little pouch that holds diapers.


See the cute little newborn diapers sticking out :0)

So that's about all that is going on here at the moment. Just being crafty and trying NOT to go crazy while waiting for JOSIAH TO COME! :0) You know that I will be posting tomorrow when I find out the DATE that our little man is supposed to come!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to find out!! You guys are adorable and SO creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! So so soon! You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that wall looks incredible! amazing job! Josiah is going to LOVE his room!

    ReplyDelete