Monday, March 29, 2010

getting serious ...

I was just thinking about the email that I got from Jane in Michigan the other day. In the email she was saying that she strongly encouraged us to "get serious" about adopting because she thought that we would be picked by a birth mother faster than we could even blink our eyes. I kind of laughed at that comment ... I just thought how much more serious could we get?? It's been a few days since she sent that email .. and I just can't get that comment out of my head! Maybe she's right?? I mean I DO definitely think that we are completely 100% dedicated and serious about adopting ... however there is still a list of to-do things that I need to complete in order to get the ball running a little bit faster. I think that I was just kind of sitting back being like okay God let's see what you've got! Which .. I am still waiting on that miracle lol ... but I still have some things that I am responsible for and need to get my act together on. So ... here's me "getting serious" and making a to-do list of things that I want to complete before the week is over. Wish me luck .. and send many prayers my way! :0)

Adoption To-Do's
1. Call new agency in Georgia and ask them my questions
2. Make a decision on what agency to use based on the answers I receive to question #1.
3. Call Bundle of Hope and ask if our Home Study will work for them
4. Complete the grant applications I have and MAIL THEM IN!
5. Check out the other grants that were emailed to me.
6. Add final details to our Lifebook on Shutterfly.com and purchase two of them.
7. Count Baby Bottle Bank money and have KC cash it in for me.
8. Deposit all our fundraiser money into our adoption savings account and get a new total!
9. Spend some much needed time with God praying for our miracle.


Okay .. so I am sure that there are probably more things for me to add to that list ... but I think that is a good start for right now.

1 comment:

  1. I saw you commented on Itiyah's blog so I came over to check yours out. I am loving your story (started at the beginning and working my way to the present day). I'm your newest follower and am excited to continue reading about your journey (although I see you have a precious baby now - hooray!). Thank you for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete