Sunday, March 28, 2010

i needed this day ...

So on Friday after school I went to visit my bff Kacie at the Callahan Railroad Day's festival. She was selling some of her cute hair bows. After I left I started to think that I should have gotten a table and sold some of my buckeyes for our adoption fund. We did such a good job when we sold them before Christmas .. I thought that it might go over well at the festival too since it was for a good cause. I texted Kacie the idea but never heard back from her.

Alya and I went about our night ... we went out for dinner and then decided that we were going to go to a late movie afterwards. It was about 8:00 when Kacie texted me back and told me that I should just use part of her tables to sell my buckeyes. So ... even though it was SUPER late I decided to do it! :0) We went to Walmart to get all of our supplies and then I got started on my buckeye making at 11:00 PM!! I stayed up until 3:00AM rolling my little peaunut butter ball heart out and then fell asleep for a few hours and got back up at 6:00AM to finish up everything.

Kacie and I started setting up our stuff about 9:40 or so. I met some really awesome people throughout the day and it was just one of those "I really needed this day" type of feelings when I left. I met a woman named Nikki who is hoping to start her adoption journey soon. She was such a sweet woman and I am praying that God gives her peace and direction to the next step in her and her husbands lifes. I also met another super sweet woman who was pregnant with twins! I loved her .. she was there with her mom, dad, and husband and she kept telling her mom to buy this and buy that. Her dad was interested in the buckeyes but her mom didn't really want to buy any. And the daughter was like "mom, buy him some buckeyes, they are for a good cause!" I liked her lol. Her and her husband went through IVF and are expecting a boy and a girl! Then I met another sweet couple named Kari and Phil who are in the process of adopting two older girls from foster care. We chatted for a little while and I felt such a connection with them. I am really excited for them and their little boy. I know that the girls they are adopting are going to come to a home filled with so much love. :0)

So today was good ... I loved being able to chat and relate with the few new families I met. It's helpful to know that we aren't alone in this journey. I still have some more buckeyes to sell, but I'm sure I can find some more people to buy the last 10 or so dozen I have left. I was able to return a bunch of extra supplies that I didn't need to use. I just put that extra money in my buckeye money box ... and the grand total for the day was ..........

$207.00!!!

Yea :0) we're getting there. Still waiting on that miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment