Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blessed!

Today has been crazy! (or should I say yesterday since I am somehow awake at 3:45am typing this):0)

Alya and I went over to a yard sale fundraiser for an amazing couple that we know. Like us, they have been trying to have a sweet baby of their own for the past three years and have been unsuccessful. They are trying to raise money to go through IVF. They have been collecting donated items for the past few weeks and ended up being blessed with so many donations that they were having garage sales in two locations! They had one on Friday and Saturday this weekend and were amazed at the blessing they received. When Alya and I showed up Ashley met us coming up the driveway and told us that they wanted to donate everything that they had left over to us if we wanted to hold our own yard sale to raise money for the adoption. I was completely surprised! I never expected that! Some friends and I had already been tossing around a yard sale idea as a fundraiser, we just hadn't gotten started on planning anything yet. So them giving us all of their left over stuff was such a blessing! So at the end of the day we packed up our car, another car, a truck and a trailer and took TWO trips to our house! I cannot even describe to you how much stuff we got today ... all I can do is show you pictures! We have our two spare bedrooms packed all the way to the door and our garage full of precious items to sell to help us bring our little miracle home.

Take a look at what we were blessed with today ....

This is what it looks like from the door ....


All the way over to the closet ....


Those used to be bunk beds lol ....


and this room is pretty much only bags and bags of clothes! ...


Plus there are still more items in the garage!!!

Please pray for this sweet couple as they travel along their journey to become parents. They are so sweet and I'm so glad that the Lord brought us together to share in this amazing journey with one another. Please also pray that we can organize and plan our own yard sale soon. :0)

I was also told about another agency today that may possibly only cost us around $6-8,000 to adopt. We still need to look into it, but at this point I don't think that it will do any harm in getting our name out there to people. And if we can adopt for less than the $20,000 we've been told it will cost, then we are ALL for it! I just pray that the Lord directs us and is very clear in the way that we need to go. Ultimately, we are only trusting in him ... I'm not saying that we have decided not to work with Bundle of Hope anymore. They have just not gotten back with me after the four attempts of trying to contact them ... so I'm keeping our options open and just trying to follow the Lord's leading. Check out our new fundraiser tracker on the side of our page ... I will be very excited to see it grow towards the top! :0)

Tonight ended with me being able to cuddle and put to sleep a sweet sweet little blessing. Praying that another adoption goes through without any issues. Alya and I feel so blessed to make such great friends through being foster parents. I am so happy for this couple and their sweet baby and am just praying with my whole heart that their dream of being her forever mommy and daddy comes quickly. I am so thankful for that cuddle time, oh how I miss it so!


No comments:

Post a Comment