Monday, April 26, 2010

sonogram and other happenings



J/K ... that's not really mine. But to be honest ... as I was driving over to the doctors office (on the complete other side of town) I was thinking ... how cool would it be if instead of always having a sonogram done to always check to see what is wrong with me, we were surprised with a beautiful picture like the one above? How amazing would that be! I was just kind of off in my own dream world while I was driving ... but I was thinking that I would just laugh and cry and be in a total state of shock. But want to know what else I thought??? I would still go through with this adoption. As much as I would completely LOVE to be pregnant, I still want to adopt. I know that God put adoption on my heart when I was in middle school. Now, I never thought that my adoption story would look like it does now, however, I always knew I wanted to adopt. God told us to take care of the orphans ... whether or not you can adopt one and bring them into your own family, we are still called to take care of them. And I am one that has always wanted to be a mom of 500 million children. (no lie, ask my fab. 5 bff's from high school. It was a joke that I would be driving a school bus of my own children around town. lol) But that's me .. I have always always always wanted to be a mom with a huge family. And I still think that is something that lies deep within my heart, God is just taking me in a different direction than I thought. But that's okay, because I know that my life will be that much more sweeter and perfect. :0)

Although the technician didn't find a sweet little miracle inside of me ... she did find something. She found a cyst on my right ovary. That is why I have been having so much pain the past couple of months. Of course, she couldn't talk to me about it ... so I have to wait for my own *amazing* doctor to call me sometime this week to discuss what we need to do about it. So, please just pray that it isn't anything bad. I'm really praying that this might give us an opportunity to be able to get my tube unblocked at the same time so that that procedure doesn't cost me so much money. Stay tuned .. I'll post more as I find out something new.

In other happenings ...

We are having our first yard sale THIS Saturday! My wonderful bestest buddy Kacie thought that it would be a fabulous idea to have our yard sale in the parking lot of our church on the island because this weekend is the annual Shrimp Boat Festival. For those of you who read my blog and are not from around here ... this is a major major event that EVERYONE goes to. lol And since so many people would be traveling onto the island that weekend they might want to come and visit us at our adoption fundraiser yard sale! :0) I was so excited that we got permission to have it in the parking lot of our church .. I was kind of nervous because it was so last minute. But we got it! I am so excited! Now I'm just praying for amazing weather. I went through all the clothes that were donated yesterday. I
just wanted to put them in labeled bags with the correct sizes on them so that we could display them easier. Oh my, this was a task! It took me prob. about four hours to get everything done. Look at the pictures my husband took of me folding and sorting all of the clothes. Our whole living room floor was taken over! Poor Buddy didn't know what to do. lol





Random ...
I hate all things that may go near or in my eyes. I HATE it even when water from the shower gets on my face. So, you can imagine the fun that Alya had trying to put eye drops in my eyes when I got Buddy hair in them last night. Oh, how he loves to torture me! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment