Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Alabaster Jar

God put this passage on my heart today ...

36Now one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, so he went to the Pharisee's house and reclined at the table. 37When a woman who had lived a sinful life in that town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster jar of perfume, 38and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

44Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."

50Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."



I pray that Alya and I can be like this amazing woman of faith. She gave all that she had, and in the end her faith saved her. My prayer is that Alya and I's faith will never again waiver. I pray that every day we offer Him all that we have. That we grow strong in our faith, and no matter what comes our way we know and trust that our Father will provide for all our needs.

Life throws so much at you sometimes. The moment you feel like things are going good, that you are heading in the right direction, and have possibly jumped through all the hoops you have to jump through ... you run face first into a brick wall and it just takes your breath away. You wonder where in the world this brick wall came from ... and you once again call upon God to be your strength.

The thing is nothing is ever going to stay the same. Things change everyday ... sometimes for the good ... and sometimes life throws you a curve ball that isn't exactly what you were waiting for, but it's the kind of curve ball that helps you grow in your faith and in the end draws you closer to God.

So we're holding on, offering up our alabaster jar... knowing that He is the provider of everything.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you as you walk the journey of adoption...will be praying about fundraising ideas other than yard sales. I am sure you have thought of them all but...my heart and prayers are with you. We are in Florida also...: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok..so read your previous post and realize you have thought of all kinds of awesome fundraising ideas..peanutbutter balls..yum!!! have you heard of Gift of Adoption. They offer grants for adoptions. I believe it is up to half of the cost of adoption possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ... we have several grants that we are ready to apply for just waiting for some paper work from our agency to send them out! :0) Praying we get some of those grants! Where in Fl. are you? We are near Jacksonville area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. will be praying for the grants to come through for you guys...: ) We are in Lake Placid, Fl. Near Sebring...bout hour and a half from everywhere..lol from Tampa, Orlando..kind of in middle : )

    ReplyDelete