Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Disappointed

I was majorly disappointed today. I went to the bank to deposit all of our yard sale money into our adoption account when my phone started ringing. I just ignored it because I didn't recognize the number and I was in the middle of trying to write out my deposit slip. stupid. stupid. It was totally our adoption agency calling! gah! And I had been praying all week that we would get a call or email from them sometime this week. I was so mad at myself for not answering the phone! The woman that we are working with said that she was going to be out of the office until Monday, so she would just try and get in touch with me then. Sigh ... more waiting. I just really want to get a move on with this whole journey. I have just been feeling lately like we are stuck in one spot *not that that is bad* but I just really want to keep moving forward. The more steps we take forward the closer we get to bringing home our baby. I am so ready for that day! Waiting is so hard ... I know that something amazing is coming soon ... I just wish that that something amazing could be in my arms right now. :0)

We had our 3rd yard sale this weekend. Oh, Boy! Am I done doing yard sales lol. We made $263.56 at this last yard sale. It's definitely a blessing because it's $263.56 that we didn't have before .. but I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't slightly disappointed. It's just SO much work for just the two of us and was kind of hoping that we could get more out of it. But once we added up all three yard sale totals we made over $1,000 and met some really amazing people through the process so we are blessed. I know the Lord is providing for every step of the way to bring our sweet miracle home.

We only have 8 1/2 more school days left until summer break! waahooo! I had a really amazing group of first graders this year. I am going to miss them ... but I am ready for the summer. Not that this teacher will really have much of a break. I'm teaching pre-k again all summer to save up money for our adoption. I would really love to have that break ... but in the long run it will be so worth it! Hopefully I can just take next summer off to spend the whole time with my little one! :0) Praying HARD for that!

Don't forget to visit this blog. We are in the running to potentially win $5,000 for our adoption! Please pray for us ... that would be SO AMAZING! pray pray pray! There are only 9 days left!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay,
    Keep on truckin', sweetie!! Soon you will be holding your angel in your arms and all this will be forgotten.
    We also did the yard sales. They were a huge success but so much work! We had one a few weeks ago just to clear out stuff, and I swore then that it was our last.
    I know how difficult it is to wait. Please, know that I'm praying for you.
    In Him,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys must have lots of stuff to have three yard sales! :D hehee. Can you squeeze out a 4th one?

    I so hope you reach your goal of the full amount needed for the adoptopion. I will hold you guys up in prayer. I do hope this is excellent news coming from the adoption agency. Keep us posted. All the best Teach!

    ReplyDelete