Sunday, May 9, 2010

Oh, What a Beautiful Day!

Today was so refreshing!

I woke up early to go to church with Alya. This is his week to do sound so we had to get up extremely early to head on over for practice. *Lord will I ever be a morning person??* The worship and message were great as always! I love love love The Journey Church! I am just so thankful that God brought us there a little over 2 years ago. He has been so faithful to us and has provided such an amazing Journey family for us to be apart of. I don't know what we would do without our Journey Group. They have walked through every step of our journey to become parents with us. Most of those steps have been through a really dark valley ... but now we are walking up towards that mountain top! I can't imagine life with out them!

Alya had to stay for the second service as well ... so I decided to leave and drive around. I just have been really really praying about the email message about the potential birth mother match we got yesterday. Just asking God for wisdom, for guidance, for peace. Just really anything He would like to give to me right now would be great. I ended up driving on over to American Beach, which is where Alya and I were married three years ago next month. I LOVE that beach ... it has a lot of history to it. Used to be the "black" beach back when things were still segregated. It is still not super popular, although I don't know why because it's by far my favorite beach here in the area. It's perfect and never crowded. I am so glad that we decided to get married there. So, anyways I ended up going on over there ... just wanted to have some quiet time alone with God. Going to the beach to do my quiet time was something that I ALWAYS did back in college. I don't think that I have had the opportunity to do that since those days ... and man how amazing today was! I miss that time sitting among God's creation breathing in the amazing peace and calmness the beach seems to bring. Besides a few Marilyn Monroe moments *whoops!* today was perfect! I brought my Bible on out with me and just read through some scripture, but I think the part that I got the most out of today was just being STILL. Just being quiet and still and soaking it all up. I am a "to-do" girl. I always seem to have a list a mile long and then some of things that I need to be doing. So today was so nice to just sit in the presence of the Lord. You know I thought that this weekend was going to be hard for me. Just the whole memories of Hope coming back and the fact that it's everyone else's Mother's Day weekend except for mine. I had thought of possibly skipping church this weekend ... but I didn't And I can definitely tell that you guys have been praying because I felt so much peace today. Just so much joy in what is to come. I can hardly wait! I am looking into a few possibilities tomorrow about this particular placement. I am asking everyone to please pray that God makes clear which doors are closed and which ones are open. If He doesn't want us to go this particular way that I am looking into please please please pray that the door is shut immediately. We want to be obedient and trust in only Him. I'll keep you updated as I hear more news!

No comments:

Post a Comment