Thursday, May 6, 2010

I forgot to mention ...

WOW! So first I just have to do a HUGE shout out to Lynn thanking her for allowing all of us that are adopting and currently doing fundraisers to post our link on her blog. I have gotten soooooooo many hits since I did that last night AND AND AND we have sold SIX of our adoption fundraiser shirts at adoptionbug.com just today!!!! If you haven't already taken a look at our site you should!

In the midst of all of the yard sale madness *that I mentioned here* I forgot to tell you some big news that I got last Friday. Each summer our county offers a VPK program for incoming Kindergarten students to attend. I applied for the position last summer and spent my break hanging out with some fun pre-k kids. One of the perks of being a teacher is having all of the breaks off of work ... so giving up my summer to work isn't exactly a great vacation, however, it does provide a lot of extra money that we are so grateful for. I went back and forth as to whether or not I should apply for the position for this coming summer. I really would love to have that time off but I also realized that since we are trying to adopt that it would be a great way to make some extra money without killing myself trying to work an extra job at night. So, I applied, and I found out last week that I got the position! This is just another reason to be so thankful to God for always providing for our needs!

Another thing that I got super excited about last Friday was a weekly advertisement that adoptionbug sends me for their Friday feature Tee ... last week was SUPER exciting for me because they featured a brand new t-shirt that I fell madly in love with and just HAD to have! So I bought it right then and there and last night I got it in the mail. It is def. one of my most favorite shirts right now. I want to wear it all the time ... click the link to see a picture of it, but it says "My heart is in Africa" ... and that it is friends! I pray every day for God to send me back there one day!

I've had a heavy heart this week ... tomorrow is going to be a hard day for me, so if you think about it just pray that God gives me a lot of peace tomorrow. I'll write a post about it all tomorrow. Night friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment