Friday, May 28, 2010

I Want To Be Here ...


In Ghana loving on my children.

And here ...


Holding my sweet Adua close.

And here ...


Rocking out a sweet African dress :0)

And here ...

Getting my butt kicked in "football" with my sweet sister Bernice.

And here ...

teaching 40+ kindergarten students in the village of Wamaso. They had no books, no crayons or scissors, not even a teacher, but the students still came every day anyways because they wanted to learn.

And here ...

Visiting with our village cook who had nothing but gave everything.

And here ...

Where I witnessed the most beautiful praise and worship in my whole life. Pink churches rock ... just sayin :0)

I was privileged to spend six weeks of my life there ... and when I left ... my heart stayed. You see things on the news, you read statistics on the internet, you know that it's a poor country ... but you never know how rich they really are until you come face to face with a woman, a man, a grandma, or a child who is so sold out for Christ. And I'm not just saying that they simply believe in God ... no, they have a passionate, crazy on fire relationship with him. They may not have material things ... but in my heart I believe that we are the ones that are poor, and they are the ones who are rich. Don't get me wrong ... there are too many orphans to count, starving families everywhere you go, children not able to go to school because they have to work on the family farm, family members dieing because of Malaria - a completely curable disease if treated properly, houses with dirt floors and no doors, rain water baths, living amongst trash and feces covering the ground .... they may have had all of these things going against them, but they taught me so much while I was there. They ALWAYS have faith and know that God is going to provide for them and their families. And where I would have doubted and wanted to give up, they instead sang praises for what God has already given them. I wish I could be there right now. Where life is so much simpler but so much richer at the same time.

Please pray for my new blog friend as she and her family prepare to bring two precious little ones from the place I love most ... Ghana. I am so excited for her journey there. :0)

3 comments:

  1. Oh I want to be there, too!!! I cannot wait for my time. I will send you lots of pictures! Love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please continue to tell more about this special place, in Ghana. It's important to remember our brothers and sisters in Christ who lack so many material things, but are so full of Heavenly joy! It's a lesson in perspective isn't it.

    These pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my parents are from Ghana! :)

    I love it too!!! You have such a beautiful heart!

    ReplyDelete