Monday, May 17, 2010

Happenings

Well it's been a few days since I've done a "real" post. There has actually been a lot going on that I have needed to post about, I just didn't really have the time to devote to a detailed post.

Last Thursday we mailed in our application to our new agency. Really praying that the communication with this agency goes better than with our other one. I got an email back from them last night saying that they received our application and check and that they were getting our file ready. They said that they would be contacting us soon. :0)

On our way home from mailing out our application I was telling Alya that it was so beautiful outside and that it was perfect weather for camping. I complained to him that we still had never gone camping together and that it was one of my favorite things to do. He reminded me that all of the camping stuff was hidden behind the massive amount of yard sale items in the garage. I told him that I wasn't saying that I wanted to camp out that night, just sometime in the near future would be nice. When we got home I came in and got on the computer. I could hear him rummaging around in the garage and when he came inside he was carrying our tent and two sleeping bags. :0) Mind you it was already 10:30pm, but he totally surprised me and set up our tent so we could camp out for the night. I totally love random things like that. As much of a planner that I am I secretly love spur of the moment random things. It keeps things interesting. :0)


Alya starting to put our tent together. :0)


We bought this camping gear three years ago and are just now using it for the first time. lol


Buddy had fun sleeping with mom and dad in the tent. ;0)


The finished product during the day time.

We also had our second yard sale this weekend. It went so much better than the first one! We set up everything on Friday night so that we wouldn't have to wake up so early on Saturday. It took 6 hours to set everything up ... and we still had things in the house to bring out! We met some really great people throughout the day. New friends that are on their own adoption journeys who just happened to see our signs. I love meeting these friends .... it's always great to share stories and our common hearts for the orphaned. We made a total of $813.65 on Saturday and just $17.55 on Sunday. But our total for our previous yard sale and this past weekends is $1,119.94!!!


Kacie, Shaun and my little niece Gracelynn came over to help. Gracelynn was chillin, rockin out her sweet beads. :0)

We were given some kittens to give away at the yard sale as well. We were able to find 2 good homes, but we still have three. I am having so much fun being a momma to them! :0) Alya just shakes his head ... but I have caught him playing with them AND they have all three fallen asleep on him lol. I even caught him cleaning out the litter box last night and I didn't even ask him. So he can't fool me, he loves them too. haha I am wanting to keep one of them .. but for now we are having fun with all three. Buddy doesn't know what to think, and he's super jealous that his momma is loving on something else other than him. He's so spoiled lol.

You know you want one!



We are planning on doing another yard sale this weekend as well. We sold a lot last weekend, but we still have TONS more. So we are praying for another beautiful weekend (tell those 35% chance of thunderstorms to stay away!).

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool. You guys are like best buddies sleeping out in the back yard, :D forever young. Don't ever lose that.

    Great yard sale totals! Maybe you have one more in ya. I have some clutter over here in England you can have :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eve! I loved the total random surprise ... it's things like that that make me feel loved :0) He scored big bonus points with that lol. Praying we have one more good yard sale in us ... it's def. hard work but soooo worth it! I had no idea that you lived in England! My sister lives in London right now. Never been over there ... crazy how you can meet so many people from all over the world through blogging. :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete