Sunday, January 16, 2011

The First Time

Do you know how hard it is to have something so super exciting happening and your hotel doesn't offer free wifi for you to update your blog?????

haha

I even brought my computer with me because I just knew that I would be able to get on the Internet at our hotel. NOT! I even had blog drafts rattling through my head right before we left ... one titled "I'm so nervous, I think I'm going to throw up". lol So, obviously we didn't have internet this weekend and now that we have made it safely home I'll give you a little recap of our crazy last minute trip!

We left on Saturday around 1:00 for our 5 1/2 hour trip to Pensacola. The plan was to get settled into our hotel and then meet up with a friend of mine that I've known since I was 16. He and I have been really good friends ever since, but once I got married I wasn't really free to travel to hang out with him anymore. So it was great to catch up with him since it's been awhile! We used to have a lot of good times hanging out ... it was fun to bring up old memories. :0)

After dinner Alya and I went back to our cheap-o hotel and spent the night. I had AWFUL dreams the whole night. Dreams where my family and students were dieing in and then one about rats eating off my dinner plate at a hotel ... umm random (Andy I think that one is your fault bringing up a conversation about my pet rats I used to have lol) We woke up on Sunday at a pretty normal time ... except that in Pensacola we are an hour behind! UGH! So we had to wait even longer. We were going to meet my college friend and our bmom at 11:30 at Ruby Tuesdays for lunch. Check out was at 11:00 so we drove around randomly looking at ... well pretty much nothing, just trying to waste time. I was so so so nervous and just kept praying that we would hit it off and that things wouldn't feel awkward.

The girls finally arrived and we met them out in the parking lot. Introduced our selves to our bmom and gave her a quick hug. The lunch went great. We just casually talked ... didn't get into super deep questions or anything. We talked about football ... college .... family ... and then of course baby stuff. :0) Her due date is March 7th and I was able to confirm from her that she does want us both to be there when he is born. I told her that she would have to text me and let me know so that I could speed drive very carefully to meet them. She told me that she is going to talk to her doctor about the possibility of inducing her so that we can make sure that we are there in time. I'm hoping that he agrees to that because that would make things a lot easier with planning for us. She said that he moves around LIKE CRAZY. He constantly kicks her (daddy's little soccer star already!) and is measuring at over 4 pounds. Everything looks great. She didn't really have any questions for us. I think she just wanted to get a sense of who we are from just hanging out face to face. I really am so thankful that we had the chance to meet her this weekend. I can't wait for baby Josiah to get here!

So as of right now, we just continue to wait! ugh the awful "W" word! Her next appointment with our agency is in another two weeks. (I think that is when her next doctor appointment is too.) I really am happy with how things went today ... I feel very excited for the days to come! Having the chance to meet her really has made things feel real. It feels like we are moving in the right direction this time and that both parties are fully engaged and participating in this adoption plan. I'm happy to be able to know how she is feeling about all of this ... it just gives me more peace that we aren't going to be heartbroken like the last time.

So, friends ... stay tuned and wait along with us! :0)

P.S. Thanks soooo much for the prayers! They were definitely felt! :0)

5 comments:

  1. Even with my husband home on R&R I wanted to check and see if you have posted a new blog! I have been following your posts for a long time! I have always admired you from the time I met you at CAMP! Congratulations to you both! I could not be happier for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like things went perfectly!!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh!! So excited for you!!!! March is just right around the corner!! Praying for you and the birth mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW!!! I can't believe the awesomeness of God (well, yes I can, but you know what I mean!)!!! I can't wait to see how this all unfolds!

    And, yes, the "w" word is AWFUL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am sooo excited for you! i want to jump up and down. i should, hehe.

    the "W" word is awful but it is going to be worth it! sending million more prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete