Friday, January 28, 2011

Huge Sigh of Relief!

Thank you so much for those of you that left sweet encouraging comments and for all of the prayers that were sent our way.

Here's a little recap on the urgent need of prayers from my last post ... Last night I came home late from my first quilting class and sat down to check my email. I found one that was from our agency and so I quickly opened it up. The email told us that our bmom didn't come to her scheduled meeting that day and that they couldn't get a hold of her. FEAR over took every part of me right then and there. I started immediately bawling my eyes out ... I was just so so so afraid that what had happened to us with our last adoption match was getting ready to happen all over again with this match. With the last match everything started going down hill when one day our last bmom just didn't show up to her meeting. We tried to ignore the anxiousness that came with hearing that news but chose to ignore and just keep pressing forward. Little did we know that two weeks later the little girl that we were supposed to be adopting would be born and our bmom would change her mind about parenting her. So when I got that email from our agency it was like all that had just happened to us two months ago was happening all over again.

I am very happy and soooo relieved to say that what happened with our last adoption is NOT happening to us again. Our bmom messaged me tonight and told me to not worry about her not being able to go to the meeting. That something had just come up and that everything was still fine and that I didn't need to worry about her not going through with the adoption. She also told me that the baby was fine and healthy and that her doctor told her that at her next appointment on the 8th that he would schedule the date for her to be induced. YAY!

I am beyond exhausted right now. It has been such a crazy week at work and then dealing with the idea that our adoption was falling through again was just too much for me emotionally. I feel like through this adoption process you are up and down, up and down, up and down and it is just really wearing on me right now. I don't want to walk through this last month with fear hanging over my head ... but it's hard not to be cautious and scared at times. January seems to be the longest month EVER and I am so ready for it to be OVER right now.

I'm hoping to get lots of sleep this weekend and just rest. We are still decorating and having fun being crafty ... I'm glad that I can still feel confident in continuing to get our baby boy's room ready. :0) Here's a few more pictures of the things that I was working on tonight.


Here is the final outcome of our wreath ... now I just have to put it up on the door.


LB was trying to help me paint the "J" :0) I painted it a sage green type of color.


Then I chose some fun buttons ...


and ... I think it turned out awesome! :0) Now to hang it on the wall in the nursery.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't comment on your last post, but I did say a little prayer for peace. So glad it all worked out!
    Very cute things for the nursery, you sure are crafty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo happy to hear this...I cannot wait to see pictures of YOUR baby boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! The wreath and the J are super cute! Can't wait to see pics of you holding your little J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I can't imagine how ready you are to hold little Josiah in your arms!! Actually I can! haha! :D But you have been through so much that many of us haven't had to endure and your faith has shown through in the darkest of times. God will use this to show that GOOD things DO happen to GOOD people! I am standing in belief for you! And I think it's only human and nothing at all wrong with having some fear over the uncertainty of the future based on the failures of the past. The awesome news is, God says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9) Much Love!!! PS> I LOVE the J and the wreath!!

    ReplyDelete