Saturday, January 22, 2011

Take Comfort

"Take comfort under the wings of our GOD and don't be afraid to dream....Trust God this time will be different."

One of my friends wrote that in a message to me *thanks Margo!* I sooooo needed to hear/read that! And so I am taking her advice ... I'm taking comfort and I'm not being afraid to dream. I have my moments where I get scared, the walls come up and my first instinct is to prepare for bad news ... but I don't want to live in that moment. I want to be free and trust God this time will be different.

So ... while we trust and wait .... WE PAINT!

We said goodbye to all of our girly stuff *for now*

And we bust out some BLUE paint for our little man. :0)


And we pray for him and tell him how much we love him and can't wait for him to finally be in our arms.


Starting to come together ... almost done!


Alya is the edger in our family ...


Stay tuned on the room it's still under construction and I'm super excited to finally see the finished product. No worries ... I WILL post pictures as we go. :0)

While we wait, we also go to the craft store and score some awesome crafti-litious items. *I am in love with the green zoo fabric!* These will soon become accent/floor pillows.


This will be a wreath for the door to his nursery....


Halfway done wrapping ...



Done wrapping ... now I just have to add some accents to it. I haven't gotten to that part ... so stay tuned for a picture of the final product!


Oh, and there is so much more crafti-litious-ness happening around the Cotton household these days ... pics to follow :0)

P.S. Nothing is final yet, but we are strongly leaning towards his middle name being Samuel which means "asked for". *thank you kmcaffee!!* Now, how perfect is that name for our little miracle boy? Josiah Samuel Cotton, your mommy is so ready to meet you sweet boy!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh...where have i been? catch me up...so your adopting a baby boy now? how exciting...we too first were going for a girl and God had other plans and we got Isaac...which we are FOREVER grateful for! I LOVE LOVE LOVE, oh did I mention i LOVE your colors, fabric and little circle thing your making for his room...cannot wait to see the finished product! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! this is so exciting to read! can't wait to see Josiah's room come together!

    ReplyDelete