Monday, October 25, 2010

A Call ...

Not the call.

This time.

But a call. One that ended in a "no"

This sucks. I'm getting super sick of having to say no.

The call wasn't from the agency we are currently working with. It was a call from the agency that did our homestudy update. A birth mother called their office today saying that she was interested in giving her baby up for adoption. She is due December 30th. She's having an AA baby girl. All medical stuff is good ... mom is 23 and already has a 3 yr old little girl. She lives with her mother and just can't financially afford to support a second child right now. This particular agency's fees are $15,000 but don't include legal or birth mother fees. So our total cost would be around $22,000. We don't have that ... not even remotely close. So we had to say no.

Bummer.

I really am 100% confident in knowing that God is going to provide... in HIS own time.

I know that ... promise I do.

But try telling my heart not to hurt just a bit when I have to say no.

Yes, a few tears were shed. This isn't the first time I've had to say no ... honestly it's probably been a half dozen times. But it's not something that gets any easier.

I KNOW we are so close. I KNOW it's going to happen. But getting phone calls like this ... ones that steal a little piece of my hopeful heart ... well they sting a little bit.

Soon ... I won't have to say "no" ... I just have to keep reminding my heart of that.

soon ...

5 comments:

  1. Are you doing a fund raiser??? Let me know!! Maybe we can do something....hang in there!Praying soooo hard for you! Have you asked your agency about grants from them? Or cost reductions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry to hear that ... but soon is true. in his time, that is the perfect time.

    one day you will be able to say yes and that will be the perfect child for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you all looked into an interest free loan from the Abba Fund? Or a loan from anywhere else? I know that Q and I don't want to borrow money for an adoption but the new adoption tax credit would allow you to pay all of that back. And you could file next year if the adoption was finalized by the end of the year. Just something to think about.

    Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Faith, God knows when the perfect time is, and it's coming, God has told you that. Be encouraged.

    ReplyDelete