Sunday, October 31, 2010

Questions ...

Here are the questions that I just emailed our agency ... if you think of anything else that I should ask please leave a comment and I'll add it to the list. Thanks!



1. When does the birth mother plan on telling her parents that she is giving her baby up for adoption? Does she think that there will be a problem when she tells them? Do the grandparents have any rights towards the baby?


2. Is the birth mom really serious about giving her baby up? Or is she just entertaining the idea?


** just trying to prepare our hearts ... **

3. Does she know who the birth father is? Is he AA too? If she does not know the birth father what does that mean for us?

4. Are there any family medical issues (both mom & dad's side)

5. When the baby is born what happens? Are we notified? Do we get to meet her then ... or do we have to wait for the baby to be discharged from the hospital?

6. Does the birth mother want to meet us? Does she want this to be a closed adoption/or does she want updates on the baby etc.?

7. When we take the baby home does that mean that the parents right are terminated? Is there any way of us possibly losing the baby after we have already brought her home?

8. Was there any alcohol or substance abuse during the pregnancy?

9. Could we lose any of our money once payed to the agency if the adoption does not go through as planned?

6 comments:

  1. Praying so hard that all your questions are answered and that every single issue just falls away! This may be silly, but what is "AA"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Lindsay! Email me and I'll give you my phone number so we can talk. I can give you the inside scoop about the agency (we used them for Charlie's adoption) and how things have worked for us. Most of the "rules" with the agency are standard but there are always kinks and we've had a few. They weren't bad but changed things a bit. My email is nogreatergiftmom@yahoo.com.
    In Him,
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting in anticipation with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! LOL! I guess when you adopt internationally, you just assume these things! Thanks for clearing it up! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lindsay - I've been reading your blog for a while and kept you in my prayers. I've never commented but just wanted to let you know I'm praying. Praying for you and Alya, praying for that sweet baby, praying for the BM and all the obstacles surrounding this adoption. Can't wait to read another update. Thank you for sharing. visit my blog for my infertility story :)

    *Jobeth*

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stinking excited for you...praying, thanking God, rejoicing!! woohooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete