Thursday, October 28, 2010

Am I Glowing??

We got another call.

Annnnnnnd.

We were matched with a birthmother!

Remember how I just wrote in this post last night how I was kind of relieved that we didn't get matched with the birth momma due in December because I was freaking out about how we wouldn't have the money raised by then???

Yup ... that's the same one that we were matched with today. I was on the playground at recess when I got the call.

Here's the deal ... the birth mother hasn't told her own parents that she is giving her baby up for adoption. So even though she has chosen us as the adoptive parents ... anything can go down at the hospital after she delivers. We don't know if the birthmothers parents will try to make her change her mind about giving her baby up for adoption. She is due December 1st ... but is already 2cm dilated and they are thinking that she'll deliver within two to three weeks. It's so hard not to get one million percent excited about this ... but we have to kind of guard our hearts in case she changes her mind. It's going to be hard having to wait until the day of her delivery to know if she's really going to go through with it or not. So please please please just be praying for this situation.

As far as the finances go ... we got some EXTREMELY good news about that as well! Come to find out that we only need $4,000 when the baby is born ... another $4,800 3-6months later, and then the last $4,800 about a year after the adoption. That is totally doable! Why can't all adoption agencies be set up like this??

So ... today was the day ... the day that we recieved the news that could possibly change our lives forever. :0)

13 comments:

  1. I'm just a lurker..not even sure how i found your blog (probably from my mom --karleighmei.blogspot.com!). Just had to tell you that I have been following along...and had to shout out my congrats!! HOW. VERY. EXCITING!!!! I'm praying!!

    Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE THE LORD!! I am beyond excited for your sweet family! HUGS from GA! Let me know if I can help you in anyway (we adopted Charlie through the same agency, I think).
    Amazed by HIS grace,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM LITERALLY JUMPING UP AND DOWN FOR YOU! I am so happy for you guys and so excited!! I am praying that the Lord divinely covers this union between the birth mama and you and your hubs and that she feels in her soul that this is the right choice! Can you share anymore details? Boy/girl? Again, I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHHHHH!!! Yay, Yay, Yay!!! Praying for y'all and the birthmother!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you!! I read your blog but I'm not sure I have ever commented. But, I have been praying for you. I can't wait to follow along on the rest of your wonderful journey!

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been lurking on your blog but I just had to leave a comment for this awesome news! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsay,

    My heart was racing as I read each word of your post. I have been following your blog for a while now and when you have been happy I was happy for you. When you and your husband faced disappointment I teared up for you. Congratulations to you and your husband! I know that you will make wonderful parents! You are a true inspiration.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh SO excited for you!!! YAYAYAY Praying here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! Praying that God's will would be done, that He would guard your heart through it all, and that His provision would be abundant, for His glory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! How exciting! I am praying for God's perfect will in this situation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you both! The prayers are working! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayer! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. praying for you both!! good vibes being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Oh yay! Oh yay!! Continuing in prayer for you guys! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete