Wednesday, October 27, 2010

An Update

We got an email back from our agency this evening about current birthmothers that they are working with ...

The one mother that was looking at our profile decided to go with another couple. I only know this because her information was highlighted in blue meaning she has already been matched with adoptive parents.

That's totally cool.

Honestly, as much as I want to have that baby in my arms right this very second ... the thought of how in the world we were going to come up with the money by the end of December had me stressing a bit.

I really appreciate all the comments of encouragement and prayer that were sent our way after my last post. We really don't want to get a loan for this adoption. Not that I think that it's a bad thing or that nobody else should use a loan to adopt ... it's just something that Alya and I committed at the very beginning of this journey not to do and we want to stick to it. We do have 4 grants that have been sent out and we are praying that we would hear something back from them by January or February. We also have a huge golf tournament planned for Martin Luther King Day. So ... we do have things in the works ... and I really believe that we will have everything come together by January or February for us to be able to say yes to a child. It's just we aren't there yet ... and saying no is suuuuper hard! So I'm thankful that the 2nd birthmother that was looking at our profile chose someone else so that we wouldn't have to struggle with whether or not to say yes or no right now.

The other birth mothers that they are working with don't really match up with us. (as far as the type of adoptive parents the birthmothers are looking for) So .... we continue to wait for "the one".

I know things will happen. And I can't hardly wait for that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment