Friday, October 8, 2010

The Weekend Is Finally Here!

I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am that the weekend has finally arrived! It's been SUCH a long week! I was able to finish up all of my planning for next week at school today so I didn't have to bring home ANY work to do over the weekend! Go me! So I am planning on enjoying every last second of my weekend!

We got a little bit of disappointing news this evening... We've had two hits on one of the guitars that I posted on facebook last week. The one guy emailed me like four times and seemed pretty interested and then I never heard back from him again. No biggie ... but then just yesterday I got another email from a guy who wanted to come meet up to actually buy it. I had Alya call him and set up a time ... 6:00 this evening. We were so excited to be able to sell one of the donated items that we were given. I emailed the guy earlier this evening because I wanted him to know that we had several other items for sale as well that he might like to go along with the guitar he was interested in. I got an email back from the guy right at 6:00 saying that he wasn't going to be coming that he had found a few other Taylor's that were selling for a cheaper price. So ... we lost our buyer. I am sure that someone else will come along later ... I was just bummed that we waited around on a Friday evening for this guy to show up only to find out that he wasn't really going to come.

So instead of going out for the evening we are just relaxing at home. Relaxing in comfy over sized sweats and a hoodie sounds like my kind of night! lol We rented a movie from the Redbox (ummm hi, first off why did it take so long to come up with a little box thing that shoots out pretty decent (sometimes) movies for only $1? ... just sayin) and are just going to enjoy a night in. I've got my pumpkin spice candles lit and it's smelling like Fall in my house. How much more of an perfect night could it be?

Our Saturday is going to be a pretty busy day. We have a baptism to go to for a sweet little adopted miracle angel and then on to a Fall party. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fall. I especially miss the fall up north (everything is better up there lol). I just miss it so much ... the beauty of the trees changing. The hayrides and REAL pumpkin patches. The bonfires when it's not 90 degrees outside. Just the cripness of the air as fall announces it's arrival. sigh ... I miss home. I miss Ohio. But I'm going to pretend that it's an Ohio fall down here tmw night and have some great fellowship time with old friends ... and maybe make a few more new friends along the way. I'll try to remember to take some pictures to add to my next post.

Happy Fall ya'll :0) (thats as southern as I'm going to get lol)

Oh! I never did post that a couple of weeks ago Alya and I went camping on the beach. It was really beautiful ... I love love love the beach at night. He woke me up super early to watch the sunrise. Now ... I'm not your morning type of person ... at all! lol so I will admit that I was a little bit cranky, but I will also admit that the sunrise was absoutely stunning! I wanted to share some pictures with you of that morning.











(Buddy is rediculous ... he's a black lab and is TERRIFIED of the beach. What a dummy. lol I've alllllways wanted a dog so that I could take them to the beach and let them jump in the waves. I would get the one dog that would rather choke himself to death to get as far away from the water as possible than to have fun jumping waves.)

1 comment:

  1. Bummed your buyer backed out. Maybe God will use this opportunity to bring someone along that really cares about (or is interested in) the cause that the sell is going to. He works all things together for good for those who love Him!!

    And, beautiful pictures...that's one thing Ohio can't offer you! But, yes, that's why I love North Carolina...we get all of the seasons; hot summers, cold and snowy winters, fall, and spring. GREAT!

    Praying for you!
    Christie

    ReplyDelete