Wednesday, October 20, 2010

You'll Never Know

Today was a sad day for me.

The special little man God brought into my life that I mentioned in this post is now gone. There was no warning ... no goodbyes ... just gone.

We had finally started getting somewhere. We had finally gotten to a point where every second of the day wasn't a constant battle. We had finally gotten to the point where he started to trust.

And now it's over.

I wasn't ready for it to be over yet.

But apparently God has a different plan; one that I don't understand.

I'm just praying that God brings someone else into his little life that loves him as much as I did.

I pray that I did everything I could. I pray I loved enough ... I pray that he felt that love. I pray that he knew someone really cared about him and that he wasn't all alone. I pray that he's safe tonight. I pray for a full tummy and a warm place to sleep. I pray for God to use his little life in crazy ways.

Today was yet another reminder to live each day as your last. You'll never know the impact that you have had in someones life. I pray I've made a good one in his.

3 comments:

  1. :( I am so sorry. Praying for your heart and his!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm so sorry. You loved him more than enough and I know he felt it in every kind word, small touch and sweet look you gave him! You are having an impact on MY life and I hardly know you (yet)! :)Hugs, peace and prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that he got to spend the time he did with you and hubs. I'm sure your prayers for him will not be in vain.

    ReplyDelete